Followers

jom klik

TADIKA AULAD HAS BEEN MOVED TO ANOTHER LOCATION. CLICK HERE IF YOU WISH TO GO TO TADIKA AULAD

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tuesday Night Fever but it is not John Travolta

Received an sms from my son late Tuesday afternoon.

"mak, I have a severe headache. Come and get me"
"Cant you drive your motorbike"
"Cant hardly open my eyes"

The hunting around the house began for a volunteer. Luckily my ever-willing-as long as-you-get-my-car-tank-fully-fueled-daughter came to the rescue. She went off to pick up hussein at his college right after maghrib and I reminded her to bring him straight to the clinic to have him checked up.

When they finally reached home more than an hour later I greeted him at the top of the staircase. He gave me the demanded-for-sympathy look. I reached out my hand and put the back of my palm on his forehead and the heat transfered to my skin as mine touched his.

"What did the doctor say"
"Nothing. He just gave me pills for my headache and fever'

I assured him that he would be okay in the morning.


But it was not okay. His skin was still burning hot two days after that. I brought him to see the doctor again and this time he took some blood sample, just to check for dengue, he told me. They sent him off with more pills. The doctor promised to let me know the result by 2.30 in the afternoon. I waited. When it was already five o'clock but still there was no news from the clinic I decided that what the doctor really meant was it was my duty to contact him not the other way round. The result was negative. No dengue.

His fever really got me worried. And he had no appetite to eat and to drink. When he tried to drown some into his stomach it came out again a few minutes later. He looked so weak and could barely hold up his head. That night he came to my room, flopped and straightened his body on my bed and stayed there until the next morning. I looked at him as a fragile baby that I once knew 18 years ago.

As my worry rocketed higher it came down to me that I had to do something about it. I called my husband who was still outstation telling him that I had to bring him to the hospital. My daughter and me drove him to pantai mc where he was later warded. It was yesterday evening.

When I visited him this morning he looked cherrier eventhough his temperature still fluctuated. It came down as low as 38.1 only. He had his blood samples taken every now and then. His doctor said the result for dengue was negative but he had all the dengue symptoms. His platlet kept dropping and the staffs were monitoring him regularly. At least I believe that I have him in the right hands.




It seems that our plan for the holiday which is supposed to start on Monday has to be postponed.

12 comments:

aNIe said...

Kak Pah...bila anak2 jatuh sakit...kita mak ayah lah yang paling bimbang...biar berapa pun umur mereka...

Semoga Hussein akan cepat sembuh...

Kak Ezza@makcik Blogger said...

Syukur Hussin tak apa apa....alhamdullilliah...
salam buatyr handsome prince....
saya ni baru jer pasal de kangkung tu
bila balik dari bilik air..dah tukar entry baru......cepat nya

KTS said...

get well soon, dear... opocot!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
ensem anak omak...
gagah anak omak..
sehari dua ni ok la tu.. insyaallah..

.
.
.
.

plan apa yg kena postpone tu omak?? opocot!!
hik hik hik...

Ms.Lilies said...

Betulll...apa pun kita boleh tangguh tapi bukan kesihatan anak kita kan

ASH said...

Kakpah..
moga si Hussein yang diiktiraf oleh makcik makcik blogger ni sebagai 'HENSEM' tu sembuhhh lah dari penyakit segala macam segiiii...

amiiiinnn...

mengkomer ni..(especially kak ezza)
ish ish ish..
budak tu tengah sakit tuu
sihat sok..
acik Ezza ajak pi Kelang

Yunus Badawi said...

Semoga Husssin cepat sembuh. Demam denggi ni kadang2 tak dapat disahkan sehingga beberapa hari kemudian. Harap platelet dia terus naik. Bagi sup ketam kalau dia lalu nak makan utk tolong naikkan platelet.

aza ni said...

kakpah:sedap baca entri kali ini, macam novel wilbur smith,tapi yang utama anakanda hussin tu mnampak dah bertenaga balik dari foto tersebut, semoga terus sihat dan pulih bertenaga seperti sediakala.

lupekanje said...

ehhh..bilo maso kpah nulis ni..msti masa acik dah tdo malam tdi...

wateva kpah, wish that ur young man will get well soon...

and to that postoned holiday plan, dont worry....the day will come...
maybe will be the best holiday u ever had...
tak pun...alahai...tunggu yo yang ujung bulan tu... grand sikit..hehe.
dah...gi jago anak tu.. dak faris lega la uwan ngan atok eh tk jadik gi becoti..haha..

ibundo said...

anie, tu la pasal. sampai kita tua pun anak-anak tetap anak kita.

ezza, belum over lagi. smalam dr kata kalau asek turun je mungkin kena masuk darah plak. harap-harap x perlu lah

kts, ehmm.. nak jadi menantu ke. Aku tak kesah kalau menantu lebih tua dari anak aku hikhik..

ibundo said...

lilies, makin jauh la nampaknya tajmahal aku .......

ashley, dia tu yang selalu kena sakit. dulu dah kena dah denggi masa darjah lima. empat lima bulan dulu kena rubella. Hmm...

YB, sup ketam ye.. Oo nanti aku kakpah buatkan. Tq for the petua.

azani. tq. harap-harap gitu lah.

acik, nak buek camo. Tapi raso-raso e kan, poi totap poi. Pospon yo ko hari lain. Dah kuar sepita nanti kitorang poi insyaallah.

iina said...

kak semoga dia cepat baik.. takpelah kak pospone.. asalkan dia cepat baik e sakit ..

kts tuh pantang jek.. pantang tgk wakakakah

Kapten Luffy said...

sekarang musim demam jer

huhuhu

p/s: jaga kebersihan sekitar... pesanan penaja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...